Frequently Asked Questions About Vodun and Diaspora Systems
- What is Voodoo?
- How do I learn Vodun? Where do I start?
- Do I need to be initiated?
- What do I do if I am a non African or “white” person having dreams of Orishas?
- Can “white” people practice Vodun?
- What is the difference between Ifa and Orisa?
- What are the 7 Principles of Vodun?
- Are the Orishas aliens/extraterrestrials?
- Are Orishas the same as Angels?
- Why are many Hoodoo practitioners now calling the Orishas?
- What happens if one is ridden by a sexual Orisha?
- How do I become the child of an Orisha or change the Orisha of my head?
Tools, Methods, Workings, and “Spells”
- Is Voodoo witchcraft?
- What methods of divination are suitable for African/diaspora spirituality?
- What is gris gris (gri gri)?
- What are Voodoo dolls?
- What are elekes, collares, or pearls?
- What is the significance of symbols in Vodun? Is it okay to wear them?
- What is Four Thieves Vinegar? What is Four Thieves Vinegar used for? How to make Four Thieves Vinegar
- Can someone be forced to fall in love using a Voodoo spell?
- What can I do to help my love or money spell have a higher chance of success?
- Why do people post Voodoo spells online? Do they work?
- Can someone sell me an Orisha or Djinn?
- How are crystals used in Vodun and diaspora systems?
Practice and Lifestyle
- What is a House?
- Why are headwraps significant in Vodun?
- What is an Ebbo?
- What is the position of Vodun on Abortion?
- How are sex, gender, and orientation perceived in Vodun?
This website is protected by very aggressive spirit allies. Though the information is cultural property, the articles themselves are not public domain. Please give proper credit, attibution, links, and royalties if you republish any of the content here. If you are currently experiencing any of the dire consequences associated with stealing from us, please contact us to apologize and receive instructions for cleansing.