Frequently Asked Questions About Vodun and Diaspora Systems
- What is Voodoo?
- How do I learn Vodun? Where do I start?
- Do I need to be initiated?
- What do I do if I am a non African or “white” person having dreams of Orishas?
- Can “white” people practice Vodun?
- What is the difference between Ifa and Orisa?
- What are the 7 Principles of Vodun?
- Are the Orishas aliens/extraterrestrials?
- Are Orishas the same as Angels?
- Why are many Hoodoo practitioners now calling the Orishas?
- What happens if one is ridden by a sexual Orisha?
- How do I become the child of an Orisha or change the Orisha of my head?
Tools, Methods, Workings, and “Spells”
- Is Voodoo witchcraft?
- What methods of divination are suitable for African/diaspora spirituality?
- What is gris gris (gri gri)?
- What are Voodoo dolls?
- What are elekes, collares, or pearls?
- What is the significance of symbols in Vodun? Is it okay to wear them?
- What is Four Thieves Vinegar? What is Four Thieves Vinegar used for? How to make Four Thieves Vinegar
- Can someone be forced to fall in love using a Voodoo spell?
- What can I do to help my love or money spell have a higher chance of success?
- Why do people post Voodoo spells online? Do they work?
- Can someone sell me an Orisha or Djinn?
- How are crystals used in Vodun and diaspora systems?
Practice and Lifestyle
- What is a House?
- Why are headwraps significant in Vodun?
- What is an Ebbo?
- What is the position of Vodun on Abortion?
- How are sex, gender, and orientation perceived in Vodun?